Under the guidance of Prof. Claudio Manfredotti, the Solid State Physics group started its activity in the early 1980s in the field of amorphous (a-Si:H) and crystalline (e.g. Si, CdTe) semiconductor materials, mainly for the fabrication of solar cells and ionization radiation detectors. In the course of these three decades, the group has gradually extended its field of interest to the study of micro/nano-structured materials and devices and to the development of new experimental techniques for the characterization and modification of advanced materials and/or art objects. Now, the group is working on the following main research topics:
- Semiconductor materials and basic devices: compositional, structural and functional characterization by means of MeV Ion Beam techniques
- The physics of diamond: characterization, and selective modification at the nano/micro scale; applications in bio-sensing and quantum optics
- Production and characterisation of high and medium critical temperature superconducting materials
- Nanostructured materials
- Physics applied to cultural heritage
- Bioinspired hierarchical materials
June 30th, 2016Aula G, Physics Department, via P. Giuria 1, h. 11.00
Dr. Shane Eaton
Dipartimento di Fisica - Politecnico di Milano
"3D diamond photonics enabled by femtosecond laser inscription"
01/01/2016 - The two-years project "Electrically controlled diamond-based single-photon sources" starts under the coordination of Jacopo Forneris with a budget of 120,000 € funded by the 5th National Commission of the National Institute of Nuclear Physics.
A home-made video produced in the solid state physics Laboratory by M. Truccato and A. Pagliero.
- A. Battiato, M. Lorusso, E. Bernardi, F. Picollo, F. Bosia, D. Ugues, A. Zelferino, A. Damin, J. Baima, N. M. Pugno, E. P. Ambrosio, P. Olivero, "Softening the ultra-stiff: controlled variation of Young's modulus in single-crystal diamond", Acta Materialia 116, 95-103 (2016)
- O Kizilaslan, M Truccato, Y Simsek, M A Aksan, Y Koval, P Müller, "Interlayer tunneling spectroscopy of mixedphase BSCCO superconducting whiskers", Supercond. Sci. Technol. 29 (2016) 065013
- J. Garcia Lopez, M.C. Jimenez-Ramos, M. Rodriguez-Ramos, J. Forneris, J. Ceballos, "An upgraded drift–diffusion model for evaluating the carrier lifetimes in radiation-damaged semiconductor detectors", Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research B 371 (2016) 294–297