Under the guidance of Prof. Claudio Manfredotti, the Solid State Physics group started its activity in the early 1980s in the field of amorphous (a-Si:H) and crystalline (e.g. Si, CdTe) semiconductor materials, mainly for the fabrication of solar cells and ionization radiation detectors. In the course of these three decades, the group has gradually extended its field of interest to the study of micro/nano-structured materials and devices and to the development of new experimental techniques for the characterization and modification of advanced materials and/or art objects. Now, the group is working on the following main research topics:
- Semiconductor materials and basic devices: compositional, structural and functional characterization by means of MeV Ion Beam techniques
- The physics of diamond: characterization, and selective modification at the nano/micro scale; applications in bio-sensing and quantum optics
- Production and characterisation of high and medium critical temperature superconducting materials
- Nanostructured materials
- Physics applied to cultural heritage
- Bioinspired hierarchical materials
December 14th, 2015Sala Wataghin, Physics Department, via P. Giuria 1, h. 15.00
Dr. Stavros Nicolopoulos
NanoMEGAS SPRL, Director Brussels (Belgium)
"Advanced TEM electron diffraction studies: from orientation/phase mapping to complex structure determination of nanocrystals "
Dr. Jacopo Corsi has been awarded a Travel Grant by the International Numismatic Council to attend the XV International Numismatic Congress in Taormina (September, 21-25). Dr. Corsi will show, in two presentations, results from his PhD research and from the project "Ancient silver coinages between the Po and Rhone rivers".
A home-made video produced in the solid state physics Laboratory by M. Truccato and A. Pagliero.
- Debora Angelici, Alessandro Borghi, Fabrizia Chiarelli, Roberto Cossio, Gianluca Gariani, Alessandro Lo Giudice, Alessandro Re, Giovanni Pratesi, Gloria Vaggelli "micro-XRF Analysis of Trace Elements in Lapis Lazuli-Forming Minerals for a Provenance Study’’", Microsc. Microanal. 21, 526-533, (2015) doi:10.1017/S143192761500015X
- J. Forneris, P. Traina, D. Gatto Monticone, G. Amato, L. Boarino, G. Brida, I. P. Degiovanni, E. Enrico, E. Moreva, V. Grilj, N. Skukan, M. Jaksic, M. Genovese, P. Olivero, " Electrical stimulation of non-classical photon emission from diamond color centers by means of sub-superficial graphitic electrodes", Scientific Reports 5, 15901 (2015)
- F. Picollo, S. Rubanov, C. Tomba, A. Battiato, E. Enrico, A. Perrat-Mabilon, C. Peaucelle, T. N. Tran Thi, L. Boarino, E. Gheeraert, P. Olivero, "Effects of high-power laser irradiation on sub-superficial graphitic layers in single crystal diamond", Acta Materialia 103, 665-671 (2015)